NOHRA Networking Event - LIONS and TIGERS & HR...Oh My!!!
Wednesday, August 24, 2016 from 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM
African Lodge - Toledo Zoo
2 Hippo Way
Toledo, Ohio 43609
What do you get when you put together HR professionals, zoo animals, road rally events on foot, cameras/selfie sticks, and a list of crazy clues?
ANSWER: One of the funniest HR networking events of the year!
Join the fun! Tickets are only $20 per person, and includes:
• Entrance to the Toledo Zoo
• Private Party in the African Lodge
• A Spot on a 'road rally' team - explore the Zoo in a whole new way! (it's going to be fun!)
• Dinner - 'The Roadrunner Buffet'
• Chance to win team prizes
• Guaranteed the funniest HR Network event hosted to date!
Click HERE for Event Flyer
Due to limited space, the event is only open to NOHRA members. Reserve your spot early!
The event will kick off at 4:00pm with networking and a cash bar. Next up, we are ready to introduce our vendors and line our teams up at the start line for the 1st ever HR Road Rally, 'selfie stick style' through the Toledo Zoo. Your team - Crazy Clues - Selfie Photos!! You will have a blast while getting to know others on your team.There will be prizes, but we are revealing just yet how the winners will be selected. It's all part of the fun! Finally, everyone will gather in the Lodge for dinner and more fun, including some hilarious zoo road rally pictures, recognition of Past Presidents, and prizes!
September 2016 General Membership Meeting, Toledo Area
Thursday, September 8, 2016 from 7:30 AM to 9:30 AM
1772 Indian Wood Circle
Maumee, OH 43537
Join us Thursday, September 8th, for speaker Kim Ruyle presenting "Anesthetic for the Performance Appraisal Root Canal: Pain Free Urgency & Accountability."
Kim will discuss how performance management shapes organizational culture, drives profitable growth, and engages and retains a productive workforce. But performance management is generally deemed ineffective. Many managers would endure a root canal rather than deliver a performance appraisal. Insights into performance management can be learned by studying neuroscience principles. This session explores those principles and provides practical guidelines for enhancing performance management in your organization.
Click HERE for Event Flyer
• Clearly set expectations so employees embrace their responsibilities and are fully aligned with their team.
• Apply understanding of the brain's perception of threat and reward to set goals that engage employees.
• Apply understanding of how the brain learns and makes decisions to provide powerful feedback and performance coaching that is highly valued by employees.
• Transform the performance appraisal process from a dreaded event to a capstone for the business cycle that recognizes and reinforces accomplishments and lights a booster rocket for performance into the next business cycle.
7:30 a.m. - 8:00 a.m. Registration & Breakfast
8:00 a.m. General Business Meeting
Speaker to follow.
All member and non-member meeting registrations must be made online, even if you are paying at the door or by mailing a check. To pay at the door, ENTER and APPLY Discount Code PAYATDOOR. If mailing a check, ENTER and APPLY Discount Code PAYBYCHECK. Then mail check, payable to NOHRA, to:
NOHRA, P.O. Box 748, Maumee, OH 43537.